Steven V. Bonica
Seeking opportunities to assist savvy individuals, successful businesses, and non-profit organizations to get better recognition, expand their network and influence in multicultural settings by applying my vast experience as an accomplished publicist, public relations builder, communications and marketing strategist.
Communications, Marketing & Public Relations Experience:
Romanian-American Network Inc., Chicago area, IL * May 2002 – Present
President / Executive Director
* Identify and promote the Romanian-American community, its businesses and organizations
* Preserve and promote the richness of Romanian heritage
* Generate and develop personal relations with community leaders, business owners and professionals, media organizations, political leaders and governmental officials including the highest offices of elected officials in Romania, Republic of Moldova and the United States
* Created various alliances across different religious and social-political groups, ultimately leading to the creation of the BISERICI.US Encyclopedia platform online with a printed edition as well
* Served and lead organizing committees for official visits of Romanian dignitaries, three Romanian Presidents, two Prime-Ministers, and numerous members and leaders of the Romanian Parliament
* Collaborated with Romanian and Republic of Moldova Embassies and Consulates on various projects of interest to our communities in the United States
* Organized four editions of the Romanian Heritage Festival, the largest ever Romanian social-cultural event in the United States, culminating in 2013 with a live audience of over 10,000 people broadcasted on ProTV international Romanian television.
Office of the Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas, Chicago, IL * June 2021 – Present
Honorary Cook County Deputy Treasurer
* Commissioned on June 4th 2021 – ”For meritorious service and tireless dedication that have made the Romanian-American community stronger and our World Better.” – Maria Pappas
* Assisting the Cook County Treasurer and her staff in enhancing communication and strengthening relations with the Romanian speaking community in Cook County for a better understanding and appreciation of the duties, responsibilities, and achievements of the Office of the Treasurer, while contributing to the betterment multicultural appreciation of our ethnic group by all others.
CMMC Ltd. (Communications Marketing & Media Concepts), Niles, IL * Aug. 1995 – May 2002
Marketing & Advertising Director
* Established and developed a client network of over 2,000 businesses, organizations, and professionals from among Romanian speaking communities across United States
* Formed and lead a team of professionals responsible for advertising sales and client relations
* Founded and published the Romanian Tribune Newspaper and the Romanian-American Yellow Pages
* Organized community seminars, business networking meetings, and entertainment special events
* Grew the client network beyond the structural capacity of the organization requiring the subsequent creation of a larger and more comprehensive platform (i.e. Romanian-American Network Inc.)
EDITORIAL, PUBLISHING, AND MEDIA EXPERIENCE:
* Founded the Romanian Tribune Newspaper, in Jan. 2002,currently the largest Romanian language publication in United States. Printed twice a month and distributed free in the Chicago metropolitan area, and surrounding states, the Romanian Tribune has an electronic edition which enables the publishing of daily news, and a very active presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, and Tweeter.
* Conducted interviews of numerous dignitaries and elected officials, including three Romanian presidents, four Romanian Prime-ministers, several Senators and members of the Romanian Parliament, heads of ministerial departments and agencies of the Romanian government, etc.
* Founded and published the first ever Romanian-American Yellow Pages (since 1995), with five printed editions, starting from almost 2,700 entries and building it to over 6,500 entries. This was by far the most recognized comprehensive Romanian-American community guide ever published.
* Published the Multicultural Resource Guide for the EMIE (Ethnic Materials Information Exchange) Round Table of the American Library Association (May 2002).
* Published 16 books authored by Romanian-Americans.
* Contributing writer to U.S. Romanian publications such as: Meridianul Românesc, New York Magazine, Romanian Journal, Romanian Times, as well as others in Romania.
* Contributed as reporter and talk-show co-host on Romanian-American television networks: Romanian Journal TV of New York, RTN Chicago, and CredoTV international from Chicago.
* Collaborated with Total Living Network (TLN) television on a couple broadcasting projects.
* Featured on national Romanian media outfits like Top Business Newspaper, Formula As Magazine, the renown ProTV international and nationally sindicated TVR international, as well as on Aleph TV, Antena 3 TV, B1TV, Digi TV, Radio Romania international, Tele 7abc.
* Featured on U.S. media outlets like Chicago’s WGN Radio, WMBI Radio, ABC Channel 2, MSNBC Channel 5, and Total Living Network (TLN) television.
* Some of my positive reporting and encouraging views or comments were noted in publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Wall Street Journal as well as Adevărul, Cotidianul and Evenimentul Zilei.
Over the years, I launched, promoted, and organized numerous projects that were community oriented, some of which were recognized by local newspapers in U.S. such as the Chicago Tribune, Epoch Times, Niles Bugle, Niles Patch, and Niles Journal, and in Romania in Adevărul, Cotidianul and Evenimentul Zilei.. My dedication and leadership in the Romanian-American community has also received the attention and recognition of dignitaries, elected officials, and governmental departments and ministerial agencies in Romania, Republic of Moldova, and United States, receiving numerous awards, letters of appreciation, and certificates of recognition.
Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas * 2014 – 2015
Mass Communication & Media Studies
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL * 1994 – 1995
Marketing & Public Relations
Cypress Community College, Cypress, CA * 1985 – 1987
Charles E. Chadsey High School, Detroit, MI * class of 1985
* Visionary, creative, dependable, dynamic and enterprising, with excellent capacity to build new teams, networks and mobilize people
* Highly motivated and passionate community outreach strategist and communications director
* Extensive and diverse background in communications, marketing, advertising, and public relations
* Great experience in connecting like-minded leaders, networking, and strengthening relationships
* Proven strong organizational event planning and managerial skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Public speaker and events moderator passionate to edify others
* Exhibiting booth design and set-up for trade shows and conferences
* Advanced photography, video and multimedia
* Multilingual: full professional proficiency in English, fluent native proficiency in Romanian, elementary proficiency in Spanish.
recommendations available on linkedin: